Re: Non-Contact Voltage meter

The newest costco stud finder includes an electrified wire warning -- I
was tempted to purchase and disassemble, but I have one * already and
gate keeper is rebelling at the cluttered house.

* "looks like" an ultrasonic ranger.

BTW, a dentist (probably retired) gave much of his junk to RAFT. They
were lazy and offered it free; included was a tube! ultrasonic cleaner.
It resembled the horiz. output amp and flyback of a TV. I also picked
up an old transistor driven one also.

bc

John Denker wrote:

Hi --

In honor of Ben's birthday:

I bought a multimeter at the local home center. After I got
it home I was pleased to discover that it has an "NCV" feature:
Non-Contact Voltage.

If you push the NCV button and hold the instrument close to a wire
oltage by moving

cut