Re: The End of Hands-On Science Activities in California's K-8 Classrooms? - PART 2

Hmm, I am a high school teacher and I have taken classes for my masters that
exposed me to all of this. I currently subscribe to the physlearners
listserv to keep up on stuff there and try to read anything I can find. Of
course, this is all on top of the 6 classes, 3 different preps that I teach.
I would LOVE to be able to read more and implement more, but a lot of the
journals a WAY too expensive for a high school teacher and our libraries
aren't even going to shell out the money for them.
But I constantly am tweaking my approach and incorporating PER stuff and I
know of a lot of others who are also. It is hard sometimes though when we
have miniscule budgets for supplies.
Anyway, you shouldn't assume things!!!!
Thank you.

carl preske <cpreske@TWCNY.RR.COM> said:

Richard,

It is too bad that classroom teachers do not spend the time reading the
research to encourage their changing their methodology. One small step at a
time. Thanks for your work.

Carl

--
Julie Hilsenteger