Re: test grades

My criteria for a passing grade was a score of at least 20% on the final
exam. This was to take care of those students who thought that they could
complete the formal course requirements and then drop out of the last part
of the course. (Moral: adjust your requirements to what you hope to
accomplish and the subterfuges that students adopt to frustrate your
goals. I think that I have an ethical duty to make my grades meaningfully
represent a student's accom;lishments in my class.)