Re: Impedance &c.

I just checked BookFinder.com and only found one used copy for sale
at $135!! (the original price marked in my book was $26.) What a
shame that this little treasure is no longer readily available.
Wolfgang

Shive and Weber give examples from many areas, whether they be wave
physics or mechanics, etc. and talk about impedance matching devices
(transformers) in all of these situations for maximum transfer of
power. The book is a lot of fun.

Wolfgang has given me one valuable reference of the sort I seek,
"Similarities in Physics". Unfortunately our library does not shelve
this book, and Amazon is enigmatic (check it out). Blackwell's shows it
at ninety pounds (!) and out of print.

Leigh