Re: test grades

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Heafner [mailto:heafnerj@CTC.NET]
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2004 7:03 PM

A theoretical question: Should a student who earns a failing grade on
every test (including the final exam) have any possibility of passing
the course even if quizzes, homework assignments, labs, and attendance
(and any other pertinent factors) are all in good order?

Here at Greenhill, we have a policy in the science department that students must have a passing test average to receive credit in a course. Teachers have almost unlimited latitude to determine what constitutes a "test." In addition, we designate certain labs (typically 5-6 per year that must be completed (regardless of their grade)) before a student can receive credit.
skip