test grades

Hi.
A theoretical question: Should a student who earns a failing grade on
every test (including the final exam) have any possibility of passing
the course even if quizzes, homework assignments, labs, and attendance
(and any other pertinent factors) are all in good order? I'm leaning
heavily toward "no" but I'm interested in others' opinions.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner -- Astronomy/Physics Instructor