From: Charles Bell <charbell@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Date: Friday, December 12, 2003 9:43 am
Subject: Re: Discovery Learning

Well I do love to try new approaches. Every new approach that comes
alongalways seem to be accompanied by a survey that says the "new"
methodimproves student retention and participation. How much of all
of it should one really believe?

This is the fallacy of all the soft skills stuff.

Is it just glitter? a new fad?? One study says it one way. Wait a
whileand another study will say the opposite or advocate some other
new thing.

People like variety. MacDonald's still is selling hamburgers, but its
amazing how the same old chunk of ground up meat has come to
be stuck on a bun in so many ways. Thicker, wider, with this, with that....
The more you give, the more is expected, and even more desired.