Re: circular motion applet

I do not have the answer that you request .... but
I was reminded of a good demonstration for circular
motion that you might try:

Insert the eraser end of a pencil into a hole of a rubber
stopper. Place the stopper on a phonograph turntable with
the point of the pencil facing up. Illuminate the pencil with
a high intensity bulb so the shadow of the pencil can be observed
on a distant wall. As the phonograph turntable rotates,
the shadow of the pencil is observed to move in a simple
harmonic motion.

If the turntable is rotated in steps by hand, you have the
equivalent of the freeze=frame motion that you desire.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where the snow is melting now and traffic is moving again)