Re: lab final exam...

My science department has toyed with the idea of a lab final in ALL sciences
across the board. Robert's and Daryl's final lab questions sound very
comprehensive.

Questions:
1. Robert, your average score is about 190 out of 300. Do you find
teaching more labs improves scores, or less labs but more in-depth labs with
numerous parts? I've tried BOTH types, some of them with little success.

2. Daryl, your lab question measuring the coefficient of friction sounds
rather long. What class do you try this with: regular, honors, or AP B or
AP C? Also, I'm on 90-minute block scheduling. What are the length of your
classes and exams?

THANKS,

Jeff
Jeffrey Alaimo jalaimo@copper.net