Re: Plasma

On Thursday, Nov 20, 2003, at 11:23 US/Pacific, Daryl L Taylor wrote:

Hi, Kids! Below is a response I got from an honest-ta-goodness Plasma
Physicist, Principal Researcher no less, about the correlation between
the bio
and physics use of the term 'plasma'. It sheds some light, but
indicates the
terms are simple coincidences. . . .

OK, I will accept what D.S. Darrow wrote. Thanks to
all who contributed. And to Leigh Palmer who nicely
summarized the challenging causality thread.

In school I am starting the temperature etc. As usual,
I blame myself for staying too long in mechanics. The
steering problem still bothers me but I did not share
my questions with students. We just rolled over
what in the textbook. How else can I manage to cover
what is expected? Yes, I know that many try to avoid
the word "cover" because of its bad reputation.
Ludwik Kowalski