Re: Centrifugal force

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Mallinckrodt" <ajm@CSUPOMONA.EDU>

One minor point: In the case of Newtonian gravity, that "agent"
somehow manages to act instantaneously regardless of distance.

I'm not up on my General Relativity, but is this really true? If the moon
were suddenly sucked into a wormhole and disappeared from this region of the
universe, would the earth feel the effect instantly or 1.25 seconds later?
Certainly the electrical force has a finite propagation time (I vaguely
recall working with such time delays in my Jackson, graduate E&M course).
Doesn't the gravitational force also supposedly propagate (through
gravitons) at c?

Rick