Re: F=ma; new strain...

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu> writes:
It seems to me that the best tack to take is to admit that we don't
know why (there may be some reason deep within general relativity,
but I've never heard of one).

Conjecturally, I speculate that perhaps this quirk of matter has
something to do with the fact that we have so far been unsuccessful
at creating a quantum theory of gravity.

I believe those two sentences wrap it up. We do not really understand the
gravity field fully to the extent we think we understand the electric
field.

At the high school level, my world, I point out the equivalence as a yet
to be fully understood quirk of nature that helped lead Einstein to GR.

Ken Fox