Re: exclusion principle (was electrons)

Hi all-
Josh is giving us a little exercise that is quite worth while.
It's like a game that we used to play as grad students, preparing for
orals, and which I've been privileged to play with some notable characters
whose names I won't drop. It's called "why do you believe". The
questioner asks "Why do you believe ...?" The answer must refer to a
specific experimental result.
Thanks, Josh, whether or not you intended this exercise.
You have sugggested an alternative explanation of the periodic table.
Your suggestion is clearly necessary, your opponents are now called upon
to provide experimental evidence that it is not sufficient.
Regards,
Jack