Re: The Electron

Hertz procured a spark from what was effectively a VHF antenna.
Later, people provided an electrical vibration to drive an antenna.
Though it may be illusory, there is something straightforward, about
imagining an electromagnetic wave traversing an antenna, and detaching
into free space. Extending such a concept of associated magnetic and electric
vibrations to higher frequencies appears to give no sudden conceptual
discontinuity in the visible range. The required emitter size simply gets
smaller,
becoming atomic in size for X rays.

Fourier would advise us that a quantum of radio energy could not be
represented as a single frequency - but the same proviso applies to any
short enough pulse of radio energy.

So in truth, a single photon ought not in fact to be associated with one
frequency. Still, I see some recidivism in the view that one photon is like
a particle - and a wave train is an array photons in set phase differences.

Brian W