The Electron

How much do we really know about the electron? What, if anything do we know
about it's inner structure, charge distribution, rotational speed, or if it
spins at all for that matter? Why do electrons need to be paired as up and
down spins? Fundamental answers are preferred, and those containing
references to "some guy's theory" will be summarily docked points (unless
the theory is in fact based on experimental data of course). Conjecture is
also welcome (but I imagine someone will take issue with it). I'm wondering
if we shrug our shoulders at some questions because we really know less than
we think we do. So, what say ye?

Josh Green