PER Position at James Madison University

Good Morning!
The Physics Department at James Madison University is seeking candidates for a Physics Pedagogy position within our department. See the following URL for a position description which is also given below:.
http://csm.jmu.edu/physics/html/faculty_search.htm

In the essence of saving time, we would appreciate it very much if you would forward this announcement to the attention of your colleagues and/or students. If you would like to have a hard copy mailed to you then please forward me your mailing address.

I apologize if this is a duplicate announcement. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank You.

Sincerely

Kim C. Emerson

================================================================================================================
Kim C. Emerson
Administrative Assistant
Physics Department, MSC 7702
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Phone: 540-568-6109
Fax: 540-568-2800

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Not everything that can be counted counts,
and not everything that counts can be counted."
~~ Albert Einstein

James Madison University is seeking applications for a tenure track faculty position in Physics Pedagogy at the rank of Assistant Professor of Physics beginning August 2004. The successful candidate will teach at all levels of the physics curriculum and in courses for non-science majors and be expected to carry out externally fundable research with undergraduates. Applications will be accepted from those with active research in the teaching of physics to students at any level, but preference will be given to those whose area of expertise complements existing programs in middle and high school teacher preparation or in the development of new and innovative programs for undergraduates. Postdoctoral experience is highly desirable. A demonstrated record of teaching physics and physical sciences to majors or non-majors is required. Earned Ph.D. required by August 2004.

To apply, send a letter of application, a resume, statement of teaching philosophy, research plan and the names of three references to:

Kevin Giovanetti
Physics Department - MSC 7702
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
physics@jmu.edu

Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2003. Applications will be received until the position is filled.