Re: any science to this?

At 01:30 AM 11/2/2003, you wrote:
There are anecdotes of a cancer cluster among SLAC workers.
//
p.s. the low freq. EM rad. scare was the result of a long article (two
issues) in the New Yorker. This prompted some Librarians at UCSC to
have EH&S measure the field where they worked, which was near a major
transformer.

One good anecdote deserves another.

It was many years ago. I had read an article in Nature about
detecting electromagnetic signals from trees.

It was possible to detect very low level signals with a distinct diurnal
pattern on the Stanford campus derived from electrodes nailed into a tree .
I went to see the folks there (from the Medical Research Center)
and they fessed up that
1) The signals were finally correlated with the BART system running
a few miles away.
2) When the tree died, its antenna properties died with it.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!