Re: H2

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 10:13 AM, Edmiston, Mike wrote:

>. . . then we could argue that solar, wind, nuclear,
> coal/oil would each have some merit as a way to
> produce electricity to produce hydrogen. . . .

I remember reading that production of hydrogen by
electrolysis of water would be at least one order of
magnitude more expensive than accomplishing the
same thing with thermal energy. But the required
temperature is close to 1000 K, if I remember correctly.

Yes, I know that this has nothing to do with good
arguments in Mike's message.
Ludwik Kowalski