From: Shapiro, Mark [mailto:mshapiro@EXCHANGE.FULLERTON.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 10:47 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: H2

If solar power is used to generate the hydrogen, then a substantial
reduction in the production of greenhouse gases will result. In
addition, by using hydrogen as a fuel there will be a substantial
reduction in the emission of fine particles and smog producing chemic=
als
into the atmosphere. That seems to me to be a substantial overall
benefit.

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
Professor of Physics, Emeritus
California State University, Fullerton