Re: planetary orbits

Justin

It was in Merrill Physics: Principles and Problems by Zitzewitz and Neff
in the supplementary Lab Manual. I have my own version that I can
e-mail to anyone who would like a copy.

Jack

Justin Parke wrote:

I am teaching astronomy for the first time this year (high school) and recall seeing an activity in the past where the student would plot the orbit of (mars? mercury?) based on the dates of greatest elongation or opposition. It was a "kepler's first law" activity. I have searched the internet to no avail. Is anyone else familiar with what I am talking about. Any assistance is appreciated.

Justin Parke
Oakland Mills High School
Columbia, MD