Re: Hall effect samples

I found Bi elongated pieces at the Aldrich site. It has a rather high
Hall coefficient and is easy (I think) to solder** fine Cu wires.

* five 9's $25 and $125 but couldn't find the quantity (mass).
Goodfellow has sheet, .001 => 1 mm, but I've found them outrageously
expensive.

** indium; verify junction is not rectifying. May require In- Ga-Hg
solder?

bc

6A lamps contain sheet W if you want to duplicate Leybold. Requires a
humongous magnet, tho.

Roger Haar wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a source of Hall effect
samples. I can easily find Hall sensors with
built in electronics, but I want things like dope
silicon. The Leybold silver and tungsten units
look interesting but very pricy. Any ideas?

Thanks
Roger Haar