Re: Private Universe and the Seasons

At 10:14 AM -0700 9/19/03, Bernard Cleyet wrote:
<http://hea-www.harvard.edu/ECT/the_book/Chap2/Chapter2.html#oots>
where the first figure encountered shows us that the sun emits all parallel
rays out the 2 sides of the sun.

they have deniability, as they emphasized the fig. is NOT to scale.

Still very misleading, of course.

I agree bc and find this whole thread interesting, but it begs the question
"What _should_ the diagrams look like?" We can't relly make them to scale
and do any better. Can someone Adobe Illustrator some _ideal_ diagrams for
teaching the seasons and send them all to us as .pdf's? Or are ideal
diagrams impossible? What should we settle on? I don't like the thought
of avoiding diagrams entirely.

Larry