From: Roger Haar [mailto:haar@PHYSICS.ARIZONA.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 5:37 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Physics lab and lecture grade

[snip]
A second reason why the lab is diconnected from
the lecture is that many students do no need to
take a physics lab. This reduces their required
total number of credits by 1 or 2. In Arizona we
are under a great deal of pressure to reduce the
number of credits needed to graduate so the
students can easily graduate in four years.