Re: Mental Floss, another bad physics source

At 10:46 AM -0500 9/1/03, John Clement wrote:
Now there is a new magazine that essentially provides factoids to make
people "feel smart". You should listen to the gaffe made by the founder in
the NPR broadcast.

http://www.npr.org/rundowns/rundown.php?prgDate=30-Aug-2003&prgId=7
Scroll down to Mental Floss to listen to short broadcast.

I don't think it wasn't as egregious as a statement on a Discovery Science
Channel show about the sun which (I don't think they were quoting Newton's
view, but it was hard to tell) said, "The sun emits mostly blue light;
hence our blue sky."

Larry