Re: TIME

Checking out "Peter Lynds" on Google leads to postings suggesting
that it's a hoax. The paper is not in the Cormell Arxiv, nor in spires.
I did find it in a Pitt archive at:
http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/archive/00001197/02/Zeno_s_Paradoxes_
-_A_Timely_Solution.pdf
as one of 2 papers posted under his name.

I do not consider Zeno_s paradoxes to be all that mysterious, and,
in fact I use the "paradox" of motion to introduce the infinitesimal
calculus in Chapter I of my calculus text (available on my home page).

If you go to the philsci archive you'll find a "critique" of the
above Lynds paper by someone named Eric Engle who, for all I know, might
be Lynds writing under (another?) pseudonym.
philsci archive is a philosophy of science archive at the U of
Pitt. That was a new one on me. It's a bit odd that Engle's critique was
posted BEFORE the Lynds paper that it critiques.
Eric Allen Engle appears to be an intellectual property lawyer
who, at one time, was at the University fo Bremen. He has a website
called justice.com.

I've downloaded both papers and will try to read them when
I get time. At first glance they don't seem very profound.

My tentative conclusion is that we're either dealing with hoaxes
or with people seeking publicity on matters that they don't understand all
that well.