From: Wolfgang Rueckner [mailto:rueckner@FAS.HARVARD.EDU]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 9:54 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: dielectric constant of water

<snip>

That's measured at 1 kHz and 120 Hz (no difference).
The data I have found on water's dielectric constant is

87.0 at 10^5 Hz
78.2 10^6
78 10^8
76.7 3x10^9
34 2.5x10^10

As you can see, it drops off quite a bit once you get into the
gigahertz range, but it doesn't change too much at lower frequencies.
I haven't found values in the DC to 1 kHz range, but I suspected my
value of 130 to be too high.

<snip>