Re: MATLAB or other?

Oh, yes, I'll definitely use Spice for circuit simulation.

(For Mac users, see the highly rated MI-Sugar at
http://homepage.mac.com/berkozer/macinitiative/)

However, most EEs use Matlab for numerical computation. Many textbooks
incorporate both Spice and Matlab into their books. I'm wondering
whether Python, Java, Octave (open source "clone" of matlab), or Maple
would be worthy substitutes.

I'm leaning toward Python or Octave. I like Python because their will
be continuity with my intro physics class which will use the Matter &
Interactions book. However, Octave is more similar to Matlab.

Thanks,

AT