Re: politics/off topic (was Innumeracy...)

John's note reminded me that I had penned a response to Hake's
post which remarked on a Washington Post item of a week or so ago, but
I had slept on the post button, as encouraging off-topic, even political
turbulation.

I hope my post wasn't misinterpreted as a political statement,
unless, of course, you consider comments on the advanced state of
innumeracy in the U.S. to be political, which, I suppose, they are.