Re: Camera obscura

On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, Brian Whatcott wrote:

Visualizing X-rays at 2 keV was not something
I had considered possible.

What seems to be visualized is the source of
X-rays, in this case a spot on the surface of a
palladium cathode bombarded with D2 ions in a
glow discharge tube. The gas pressure was 10 torrs,
the DOP was between 1000 and 2000 volts and
the current (pulsed) was up to 0.5 A. To learn more
about the experiment see item #13 on the web
site I mentioned in the previous message. I just
finished reading the abstract e-mailed to me this
morning from Moscow. Naturally, I would be more
certain that the reported results are real if I had a
chance to participate in the experiment (or if the
results were published in Physical Review). They
say all results are 100% reproducible. I prefer to
remain skeptical till other experts confirm this.
Ludwik Kowalski