Re: Dark energy/matter

On 08/06/2003 09:43 AM, Michael N. Monce wrote:
What puzzles me is the what I perceive (maybe out of ignorance) as a
lack of lot of theorists rushing to work on this.

What kind of "lack" are we talking about?
I get 870 hits on "dark matter" in the
2002/2003 timeframe at
http://arxiv.org/multi

> The implications for
dark matter/energy seem to me to way beyond astronomy and would impact
greatly elementary particle physics.

You can easily turn up some implications by searching
the non-astro parts of arxiv.org. Here's an example:
http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0307330

There's a revered history of seeing seemingly
"unseeable" particles (e.g. neutrinos) so people
aren't going to give up too easily.