Re: Elliptical orbits and Sommerfeld

Once you've fixed the energy and angular momentum, the orbit is
classical. You've got to decide what kind of average you are referring
to. The mean square velocity must be the same as the means square kinetic
energy (up to a factor). The mean speed can be calculated from the length
of the ellipse and the period, but is not IMO a very interesting number.