From: Robert Cohen
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: atmospheric blanket / greenhouse effect

I had written:

I knew water contributes more but I must admit that I wasn't aware=
=20
that the atmosphere was already opaque to IR in the bands=20
associated=20
with CO2. Do you have a source for this that I can reference?

To which Larry Woolf provided:
See:=20

<http://ceos.cnes.fr:8100/cdrom/ceos1/science/dg/dg1.htm#anchor571780=
7>

I'm confused. The peak wavelength associated with terrestrial radiat=
ion
should be around 10 microns, no? I can see that the ozone band there=
is
almost saturated but the CO2 band is not.