Re: COLD FUSION

On Monday, Jun 30, 2003, at 21:04 US/Eastern, Brian Whatcott wrote:

The cynic sees that the electrolyte is heavy in oxygen
and that the plasma reaction produces scum.
It would be well to address conventional avenues for
the excess heat noted - say burning a cell component
in oxygen.

This reminds me, there was always the nagging concern
in the Pons-Fleischmann arrangements, that the 700
volumes of hydrogen that palladium metal
can take up, might be released exothermally.

To clarify the essential issue raised by Brian the following
email message was sent to Jean_Louis. I hope to have
his answer tomorrow morning.
========
One of the Phys-L teachers, after reading the description
of your experiment, asked me about a possibility that excess
heat comes from ordinary chemical reactions inside the
cell. I am not a chemist but I know that the answer depends
on reactions taking place and on the amounts of byproducts
generated.

I remember reading that chemical origin of excess heat
was discussed extensively for the Fleischmann and Pons
cells. The accepted conclusion was that their excess heat
could not possibly come from chemical processes. What
evidence do you have that the same is true for your cell?
Best regards,
Ludwik