2003 Physics Regents

Hi,

I am looking for information regarding this year's Regents Physics test. After last year's travesty, what are people's experiences this year?

I am finding that some schools did not offer the Regents test, or offered it only as an option (they used their own test for grades). Did your school drop Regents as a course (replacing it with a local type of course), or just make the Regents test optional?

What results did you get? I had 77% pass, with 20% mastery (all clumped within the range 85-88). I had hoped for better, since this was a strong class.

The Part A was extremely tough - it killed a lot of kids. They did great on the open-ended questions. Kids that failed were not close to passing; I had a Poisson type distribution, with all the strong kids clustered around 80, and the failures strung out all the way down to 33.

Thanks for input,
Robert Brewington
East Rochester High School