NASA Opportunity for Sci Teachers

Hi, Kids! Take a moment and read the following text from the NASA group at
Sonoma University, CA. As a current EA (Educational Ambassador), I can vouch
for the worthiness of the program. They pay you hard cash and all you need
to do is LET them fly you out to sunny California for a week for your ideas!
Cool!

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions or want the "real"
dirt on it.

**********************************

NASA Educator Ambassador Program

ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPPORTUNITY

Approximately ten highly motivated educators will be given the opportunity

to represent space satellite missions in NASA's Structure and Evolution of

the Universe theme as Educator Ambassadors for annually renewable one-year

terms beginning October 1, 2003, extending through at least September 30,

2007. This new group will join the existing group of ten Educator

Ambassadors from the previous term. The main focus for formal education is

on high school from grades 9-12, but exceptional educators for grades 7-8

will also be considered. Informal educators (from museums, planetaria, etc.)

are also welcome to apply.

The Sonoma State University (SSU) NASA Education and Public Outreach (E/PO)

Program invites you to apply to become an Educator Ambassador. The Educator

Ambassadors Program aims to engage energetic educators who have the means

and drive to share the excitement of space-based astronomy by assisting NASA

outreach and science team members in developing and delivering engaging,

cutting-edge workshops and curriculum materials. There is a $2500 annual

stipend and budget for travel to a national educators conference. Apply Now!

Deadline for applications is August 1, 2003. More information and an online

application form can be found on our website:

http://epo.sonoma.edu/ambassadors

Daryl L. Taylor, Fizzix Guy
PAEMST '96
Internet Educator of the Year '03