Re: physics final project

On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 13:27:11 -0400 mitch foster <qflux0@ATTBI.COM>
writes:
I'm a 10th grade conceptual physics teacher ("Physics First") -- new
to the group. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas/suggestions for a
culminating or final project in physics that somehow involves say
all of a semester's main concepts in one meaningful, tied-together,
multiple part, theme?

For example, a project that includes concepts of heat, heat
transfer, waves & vibrations, sound, light, and electricity &
magnetism.

Any suggestions?
thanks, mfoster

My suggestion is not novel but I believe that it is much more effective
than any of those that others may mention. It not only
covers the all of a semester's main concepts in one meaningful,
tied-together multiple-part theme, but it is highly motivating as well.
Please don't laugh or think that my suggestion is insincere but
I am sure that it will work and meet all of your expectations
in full. My idea is to give the students a three-hour final exam.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our true and tried techniques are called "novel" now)