From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu] On
Behalf
Of Daniel S. Price
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 10:31 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Trying to locate a few copies of text for HS AP course

Despite Internet searches, I have been unable to acquire the
half-dozen
copies of _Fundamentals of Physics Volume 1, Fifth Edition_ (Halliday,
Resnick, and Walker) that I need for next year's AP course. I would
switch wholesale to the Sixth Edition but for the following issue: I
have eleven copies of the Fifth Edition already, and sacrificing the
monies spent on the older text is not a good option.

I need, if possible, to obtain six more copies of Volume 1, at a
reasonable price ($30 seems fair, since I paid $26 per book a year
ago)--the Fifth Edition being preferable to the Sixth. Has anyone on
the forum additional leads (other than sites readily searchable via
the
Internet such as Addall, Amazon, and their ilk)? [In other words, do
you have a few just sitting around and want some extra cash?]

Thanks for your assistance.

--Daniel Price, Bear Creek High School