Re: Test question

I agree that your question (below) is a lot more interesting
than my origin question. However, I have still not received
a good answer to my original question.

Herb

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 06:53:56 -0700 John Barrer <forcejb@YAHOO.COM>
writes:
I believe a more interesting question is:

Given the initial water level of the cup/2 block/pan
of water system (which is higher than with only one
block in the cup), what happens to the water level if
one block is removed from the cup and placed directly
in the water? Answer for two cases: one in which the
block floats partially submerged, the other in which
the block sinks to the bottom. John Barrere

--- Herbert H Gottlieb <herbgottlieb@JUNO.COM> wrote:
What is the answer to the following question
that appears on a recent examination in New York
State.

A plastic cup containing a wood block is floating in
a pan of water.
If another wood block is placed in the cup, what
will happen to the level
of the water in the pan?

A. It will go down
B. It will go up