Re: Non-conservative forces in a liquid dielectric

--- Ludwik Kowalski <kowalskil@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU> wrote:
On Monday, Jun 2, 2003, Pentcho Valev wrote:

.... but it seems to me that, for the
same height of the capacitor with
respect to the ground, this force
is smaller in step 4 than in step 2. . . .

I would not be tempted to perform an experiment
on the basis of the "it seems to me," considering
the extraordinary claim (continuous conversion of
heat to work at a constant temperature). But I would
be very interested if the wild guess was confirmed
in real experiments performed by several people.

This "it seems to me" is the most unimportant thing in the whole
story, Ludwik. I thought you were sincerely interested. There is
no "wild guess". Just a suggestion that an experiment could confirm
or disprove the second law. Science has always been based on such
experiments and none of them deserve the name "wild guess".

Pentcho