Re: Non-conservative forces in a liquid dielectric

On Monday, Jun 2, 2003, Pentcho Valev wrote:

.... but it seems to me that, for the
same height of the capacitor with
respect to the ground, this force
is smaller in step 4 than in step 2. . . .

I would not be tempted to perform an experiment
on the basis of the "it seems to me," considering
the extraordinary claim (continuous conversion of
heat to work at a constant temperature). But I would
be very interested if the wild guess was confirmed
in real experiments performed by several people.
Ludwik Kowalski
Who is going away for three weeks tomorrow.