Re: capillary effect

"This is the process now used commercially to paint for instance,
car bodies. The method is labeled "electrophoretic".
The advantages include lower paint splatter/loss than regular
spray ..."

Also better at getting into "nooks and crannies"?

Reminds me of the nozzle some engineers were developing in the Hochschule
für Verkerswesen (Dresden) to paint carriage parts. The difference was
the paint was a dry powder and developed its charge similarly to a
triboelectric Van de Graaff. Then heat was used to fuse the paint. (If I
remember correctly -- that was 1989)

bc