Re: TdS is not dQ or d(anything)

I wrote:
>> Scalars and 0-forms are essentially synonymous.

On 05/13/2003 08:36 PM, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

The qualification "essentially" is troubling - what does it mean?

Operationally, when you are doing calculations,
0-forms and scalars are interchangeable.

The distinction is epistemological: 0-forms
are defined in terms of scalars, not the other
way around.

(This is splitting hairs, but if I hadn't put
that qualification in there, I 'spect somebody
would have called me on it.)