Re: Experimental verification of the relativity theory

not certain I understand your question. I assume an increase in mass will require
a greater B to deflect the electrons vertically (up and down WRT the kinescope face
plate) and horiz. (right and left). Anyone know why after a few years
electrostatic deflection was replaced by magnetic in TV sets. (I've only seen one
that used electrostatic (deflection plates) deflection. It also had a full 13
channels! (included channel one).

bc, to lazy to calc. the respective voltage and currents to achieve the same
deflection.

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Yes my quick calc. result expects an ~ 5% increase in the mass. Intuitively,
I suspect this just means the required deflection current is 5% greater than
calculated w/o SR. This is within the range for the vert. and horiz.
adjustments.

Longitudinal or transverse? Or are you talking about the relativistic momentum vs
the classical momentum?

Bob at PC