Re: Relativity conundrum/more

At 05:35 PM 4/22/2003 +0200, I wrote:

> Is there any reason to suppose that the numerous published experiments
> measuring the speed of light in a frame not containing the light source
> have some systematic error?

Sorry, Brian, I don't know them - I am not a physicist. Could you describe
some simple one? /snip/
Pentcho

...I am responding this lunch break in haste, and will follow up
when there are some spare moments....
I picked up several Gamma ray experiments which appeared to be addressing
this particular point. ...
More, later.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

I lifted the following cites from a sympathetic review of the evidence
against relativity.
<http://www.asa3.org/ASA/topics/Astronomy-Cosmology/PSCF9-1986Phillips.html>

This does not constitute the description of a simple experiment,
which is what you would have preferred.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
. D. Sadeh, "Experimental Evidence for Constancy of the Velocity of Gamma
Rays, Using Annihilation in Flight," Physical Review Letters 10, (1963),
pp. 271-73; T. A. Fihppas and J. G. Fox, "Velocity Of Gamma Rays from a
Moving Source," Physical Review 135, (1964), pp. B1071-75; T. Alvager,
F.J.M. Farley, J. Kjeliman, and 1. Wallin, "Test of the Second Postulate of
Special Relativity in the GeV Region," Physks Letters 12, (1964), pp. 260-62. "