From: Kathy Daniel [mailto:danielka@BELLSOUTH.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 5:29 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: help needed-gifted education and inquiry science

Hello all,
I am interested in any research which might have been done
concerning
specifically the academically gifted student and his/her experiences
with activity-based, inquiry, discovery, modeling, constructivist
science activities.
I have been searching the internet for 2 days with absolutely zero luck.
If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I am involved in a
Graduate class in gifted education as a physics teacher who has been
teaching using learning cycle and constructivist techniques for about 15
years. I am convinced that this method does sufficiently challenge my
gifted students, but I only have anecdotal evidence of my own. I'd be
interested in any research which has already been done in this area to
help support my ideas.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Kathy Daniel
Oakland High School