Re: robust software

On Tuesday, Mar 11, 2003, at 20:51 US/Eastern, Wes Davis wrote:

I bought 10 computers for my room on eBay. All Pentium class. Cost
about
$20-$25 each plus $75 each for upgrading. I put what I want on them
:-)

I considered doing this about two years ago and when my supervisor
found out, I was warned by both him and one of the deans that this I'm
not allowed to bring personally owned computers into the classroom for
instructional use and I was threatened with insubordination. This is
funny, considering that I'd been using my own notebook in class for the
better part of five years. My supervisor even went so far as to warn
that I needed his permission to bring personally owned materials into
the classroom. That's funny too, considering he's never mentioned that
before. So I've been going through the lab and storage room taking out
all the things I've brought from home over the years. It's funny how
some things just disappear. :->

If anyone knows where I can get four or five used notebooks (prefer
Apple iBooks capable of running OS 10.2.x, but I'll consider other
brands) for dirt I'd be very grateful for knowing.

Cheers,
Joe Heafner