Re: Ohm's Law

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Every time this emerges, I must break in with the minority view:

I regard R=V/I as simply the definition of the concept "resistance"
(there is also a "differential resistance" dV/dI)

I agree with Bob's approach, although I emphasize
the small-signal resistance dV/dI over the ratio V/I.

I wouldn't have thought this was a minority view.

Based on what I've learned from today's discussion,
I have slightly revised my page on the subject:

http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/physics/resistance.htm