Re: Ohm's Law

Every time this emerges, I must break in with the minority view:

I regard R=V/I as simply the definition of the concept "resistance" (there is
also a "differential resistance" dV/dI) - in the same way as I regard C=Q/V and
L=-E/(dI/dt) as definitions of capacitance and inductance, where the concepts
apply (Kirchhoff situations?). Depending on construction and specific
circumstances the numerical values of R, C and L for various devices may or may
not be constants with respect to whatever variables you want to imagine. This
should cause no consternation or surprise.

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net
http://www.velocity.net/~trebor