Re: CCD question

Well, one may buy an apogee (4096 X 4096 that's 16 meg.) try:
http://www.ccd.com/

a pop. camera used by photographers and amateur astronomers is the Canon EOS D60
(~$2000 six meg. colour)

While my little one ($90) is 510 X 492 (1 / 4 meg.).

Yes and no SBIG use a monochrome and a colour wheel. I'll probably get some
kodak filters to do the same thing.

I've previously posted that I have a friend who makes CCD's for Lick. The
electronics fill a relay rack and the CCD's are VERY expensive.

bc

Chuck Britton wrote:

just curious - how many pixels do these astro CCD's typically have?
Do they record color?