Re: Microwave Grapes

I have been under the impression that cool microwave oven tricks with grapes
are the result of a grape being an appropriate size to act as a microwave
resonator cavity. Is this true? I know that when heating liquids in
cylindrical containers in microwaves, there are certain cylinder radii that
heat the liquid much faster than others, and if I recall the article
correctly they were small radii...I will have to dig that out of files
somewhere.
-Fran Poodry
West Chester East High School
West Chester, PA